Indian women are very beautiful and they will surely make wonderful Bond girls: Daniel Craig


Indian women are very beautiful and they will surely make wonderful Bond girls: Daniel CraigDaniel Craig on why he would like to do an Indian film, his secret marriage, upcoming cowboy film and of course James Bond

Come Friday, and Daniel Craig a.k.a James Bond will be seen in yet a new avatar. This time, as a cowboy fighting aliens in Jon Favreau's science fiction movie Cowboys And Aliens. In a candid chat with Hitlist, he talks about his professional and personal escapades...

Tell us something about Cowboys And Aliens? And about playing a cowboy fighting with aliens?
I play a stranger who stumbles into the hard-bitten town of Absolution. He wakes up in the middle of the desert with no memory and a fancy metallic bracelet on! It's brilliant what the writers did because the part was always very sort of enigmatic.

Any dialogue we felt we didn't need, we just cut out. Because it's all about a character that doesn't have to explain what he's doing, he just does it.

How was your experience working With Harrison Ford?
This is the first time I worked with Ford. I feel very lucky indeed...he's a really nice, generous, funny man. And, he is an actor who just wants to get it right

What prompted you to do this movie? 
I've always wanted to play a cowboy. It's as simple as that. And I kind of got it. I saw the title Cowboys and Aliens and I thought, 'Okay, it's going to be something funny'. And actually the script read straight. It's funny, but it isn't gags every minute and all that, it is a straight cowboy movie and then suddenly the aliens turn up.

I found the concept very interesting, so I spoke to my agent and said, ''I'd love to see this film because it will be a lot of fun' And he said 'Well, they want you in it...' And we went from there.

What about your upcoming films? Also, when do we see you back as Bond?
My next is David Fincher's screen version of Stieg Larsson's international best selling novel, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I will back as Bond soon with Bond 23.

You just got married to Rachel Weisz! It was so impromptu... what do you have to say?
Well yeah it was...we were in love and we got married.

What's your take on India as a market for Hollywood productions?
I think it's a huge market. My last two Bond movies did a good business in India.

What about doing Indian films? Has anything come your way?
Nothing has come my way yet, but if things work out then why not?

Some scenes from the next Bond are to be shot in India...
Yes, that's true and I am absolutely thrilled about it.

If ever a Bond girl were to be selected from Bollywood, would you any preference? 
I don't know any Bollywood actress personally, but Indian women are very beautiful and they will surely make wonderful Bond girls.

More indian AUNTIES gallery