Preeti Desai photo morphed, put online

Now Preeti Desai, 25, is new Miss Great Britain , who landed the title after being chosen by Sun readers to replace sacked original winner Danielle Lloyd.



Preeti, 5ft 8in, the first British Indian to take the crown, reveals her success has been even sweeter because her beloved mum is now recovering well after a serious illness. She is from Guisborough, North Yorks, has been catapulted on to the world stage, where she will represent the country.Preeti Desai
Miss Cleveland Preeti, who took the 5th position in the first contest, was picked from the 11 finalists. "It's a dream come true," The Sun quoted the 24-year-old, as saying.
Preeti’s family — Hema, dad Jitu, and her sister Anjlee, 21 — are understandably ecstatic at her win. She describes her mum as her “rock” but for seven years Hema battled depression, attempting suicide twice. Preeti says: “It was awful seeing her in that state. We just wanted to help her.
“When I was 18, I decided to leave work and stay home full time with her. We wanted to see her smile again. That’s why winning this contest means so much, because it makes her happy — and that is priceless.”
Preeti DesaiNot surprisingly, 46-year-old Hema is Preeti’s biggest fan. The pin-up decided to work for her father, who runs a fireworks business. She said: “You should have seen me there with my baggy jumper, old jeans and my hair scraped back. I certainly didn’t look like Miss Great Britain then.” Preeti moved to London three months ago and is loving life in the big smoke. But, sorry lads, the beauty already has a special someone in her life, a boyfriend whom she has been seeing for two years. As Preeti says: “When you’ve seen tears of real sorrow, tears of joy are a blessing.”
BIO
Preeti Desai wrote:
My name is Preeti Desai a British Indian and I'm from Guisborough, North Yorkshire but now live in London and love it!
I am Miss Great Britain, i was crowned after the public voted for me to replace the previous Miss GB after she was stripped of her title. I am so delighted and its a great honor to bring home the crown. Thank you to everyone for your votes, nice messages and support. I look forward to working with the Miss Great Britain Team.

Well i was born in middlesbrough on 29 september 1981 to two proud parents my mum Hema and dad jItu, i have a younger sister Anjlee who is 21 who is a singer/Dancer. I went to St Augustins RC primary school in Coulby newham, then Nunthorpe School and then on to Middlesbrough collage where i did a course in Hair and Beauty, When i finished i was offered work to build up a new salon then went on to manage it in a department store in Middlesbrough i also worked in another sister salon in Stocksley for 3 years till i decided it was time to move on. I then started and am currently working for the family business G2 Fireworks full time and i was made Jr partner, witch i did build up after years of working for G2 Fireworks from being a child. As it is all year round work for my parents, me and my mum handle the retail side of things on Borough Road, Middlesbrough.
I went into beauty therapy and managed a salon for three years before deciding I needed a change.